THE LAW OF ENTROPY, the Second Law of Thermodynamics, is the explanation for how our bodies deteriorate as we age – DNA mutates, joints become damaged, skin becomes wrinkled, body systems stop working as efficiently. The answer to the dilemma lies in the First Law Of Thermodynamics, also known as THE LAW OF CONSERVATION OF ENERGY which says that, since entropy is inevitable, in order to maintain equilibrium (vibrant health) of a system, energy must be added to “the system” (your body).
On a basic level this energy refers to our body’s need for fuel, in the form of calories, for our cells, organs and organ systems to operate. From a holistic perspective we are talking about more than just calories: the QUALITY OF CALORIES from a cookie is not as high as those from a bowl of fruit; we can’t continue doing weekend warrior activities without SUPPORTING RECOVERY – you need to stretch, “roll out”, go to yoga and get body work; and It’s not enough to slog through life without TENDING TO the quality of YOUR MIND AND SPIRIT – meditation, journaling, therapy, hobbies and meaningful connection are ways of adding energy to the system.
As much as I enjoy working individually with patients, I feel passionate about: supporting your health outside of the treatment room; providing you with tools to achieve wellness autonomously; reaching people who need my help regardless of their geography; and creating a community of people who are interested in encouraging and supporting one another to achieve vibrant health. I am committed to providing opportunities to support you with your EFFORT and INTENTION toward achieving VIBRANT HEALTH. My INTENTIONAL WELLNESS program involves supporting you with:
- Achieving clarity about and placing attention toward what is most important to you
- Nourishing yourself with high quality food, media, activities and connection
- Prioritizing practices that support health such as sleep, exercise and work/life balance
- Living in balance with the seasons and listening to your body
- Caring for and loving the body that you have been given to work with in this lifetime
- Continually committing and re-committing your effort and intention toward self care
INTENTIONAL WELLNESS Opportunities include:
- In-person Classes, Workshops & Retreats (see list of events above)
- Online Classes (coming soon!)
- Guided Meditations (coming soon!)
- Qigong videos (coming soon!)
- Supported cleanses
- Daily nuggets in my Instagram or Facebook posts
- Sign up to receive useful information and stay posted about upcoming events in my Newsletter. Emails go out about monthly and you will receive a free gift for signing up – coming soon!