First Visit & Rates
During your first, Marie will assess your health history, ask clarifying questions and get your questions answered. A detailed health history form is an important tool in helping to facilitate this conversation. Before your first visit, please download the MBA New Patient Questionnaire & Agreements 2016 Once you have downloaded the form, fill it out and bring it with you to the appointment. Please allow adequate time to thoughtfully complete this this form that will support our work together!
The first in-office visit will involve collecting additional data, including an assessment of your pulse and tongue, body pain locations, range of motion and pain levels. The first visit will include an acupuncture treatment. Depending on your condition you may be prescribed a nutrition and lifestyle homework an herbal formula or supplements.
Results and recovery times vary by person and depend on a number of factors, including: your ability to commit to the treatment frequency outlined in your treatment plan, how long you have been dealing with your condition, how severe is your condition, your current self-care practices, incorporating herbs, supplements, nutrition and lifestyle homework. The more you are willing to and diligent about incorporating suggested actions, the sooner you can expect results.
Some important office policies to keep in mind:
- Marie has a 48 hour cancellation policy.
- Due to the holistic nature of this medicine and the time required in interview to arrive at a diagnosis and treatment plan, patients arriving more than 15 minutes late to their appointment cannot be treated and will be considered late.
- Do not brush your tongue the day of the visit. The tongue coating, thickness and color are all important in arriving at your diagnosis and designing an appropriate treatment strategy.
- Make sure that you have had something to eat within the hour or two before the appointment.
- Wear comfortable clothes to the appointment that allow access to elbows, knees and other affected areas.
- New Patient Interview Call with First In-Office Visit $150
- Return Patient Visit $100
- Late Cancellation Fee $100
- Herbal Formulas: varies
- Supplements: varies, see the Designs For Health E-Store